Re: Bug in TCP code. (fwd)

Glendon M. Gross (gross@redshift.com)
Thu, 3 Sep 1998 05:39:02 -0700 (PDT)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 1998 14:33:09 +0200 (MET DST)
From: Wim ten Have <wtenhave@sybase.com>
To: gross@redshift.com
Subject: Re: Bug in TCP code.

On 3 Sep, Glendon M. Gross wrote:
> Sure enough, when I telnet locally it works but when I use another machine
> to telnet in it reports:
> Received descr = 0[0] FAILED

Well locally it does only work because the package is already in the
process queue since it was a local request. The true nature of the
problem is that the SIGIO (search for soc_wake_async) is posted
before the socket connection state is set to ESTABLISHED. select(2)
is unable to report queued I/O for sockets not in ESTABLISHED state.

linux-2.0.36pre7 is close but still not working properly.