Re: Implementing Meta File information in Linux (and a note at the end on current reiserfs status)

Wed, 2 Sep 1998 14:33:31 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 2 Sep 1998, Alex Buell wrote:

> On Wed, 2 Sep 1998, Stephen C. Tweedie wrote:

[SNIPPED]

> Heck, maybe I should implement a VMS style personality on top of Linux.
> LinuxVMS sounds cool. :o) And what about that lovely DCL command language?
> *drool*
>
> Cheers,
> Alex.

I think there __is__ a DCL command 'shell' out there somewhere! Note
that Unix doesn't have logical names (I wish it did), instead it
has symbols (Environment strings). VMS has both. It's nice to take
"USER$DISK4" offline for maintenance, substituting a new device,
while the machine is running...

Cheers,
Dick Johnson
***** FILE SYSTEM WAS MODIFIED *****
Penguin : Linux version 2.1.118 on an i586 machine (66.15 BogoMips).