Re: Freeze Upon /dev/fd0 Use

Rik van Riel (H.H.vanRiel@phys.uu.nl)
Tue, 1 Sep 1998 21:15:35 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 1 Sep 1998, Miklos Szeredi wrote:

> > logged in the kernel logs. Any suggestions? I will try patches or any
> > method suggested to help resolve this problem.
>
> I have the exact same problem. Using floppy while playing sound can
> reliably lock the machine after some time.
>
> The hardware is the following:
>
> - UP Pentium board

I've also got one of those nameless boards. The problem
is reproducible under DOS as well.

The facts that the bug is very obvious and that the factory
that made the boards didn't put their name in the manual
suggests that they're somewhat ashamed of it :)

Of course, the board was dirt cheap so I'll probably just
upgrade to a PCI sound card ... or just stop using the
floppy, hell, I can hardly remember the last time I used
it :)

Rik.