Re: F00F

Dominik Weis (weis@math.hws.edu)
Tue, 1 Sep 1998 16:38:14 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 1 Sep 1998, George wrote:

> On Tue, 1 Sep 1998, Andre M. Hedrick wrote:
>
> >Are you by chance using a new BIOS on a Tyan board?
> >This something that I have noticed, also. If I revert to an older bios
> >I get the F00F to report again.
>
> No, actually I'm using the old BIOS again.
>
> CPU0 CPU1
> 0: 6831963 6517684 IO-APIC-edge timer
> 1: 59001 55299 IO-APIC-edge keyboard
> 2: 0 0 XT-PIC cascade
> 3: 3307222 2489886 IO-APIC-edge serial
> 4: 124872 100212 IO-APIC-edge serial
> 8: 1 0 IO-APIC-edge rtc
> 13: 1 0 XT-PIC fpu
> 14: 94412 91820 IO-APIC-edge ide0
> 15: 62 38 IO-APIC-edge ide1
> 16: 1002 997 IO-APIC-level Digital DS21140 Tulip
> NMI: 0
> IPI: 0

What TYAN mainboard do you use? I have a S1692DL and I don't get interrupt
0 as IO-APIC-edge it is XT-PIC.

Dominik

The Breakfast Club: Dear Mr. Vernon, we accept the fact that we had to
sacrifice a whole saturday in detention for whatever it is we did wrong,
but we think you're crazy for making us write an essay telling you who we
think we are. You see us as you want to see us, in the simplest terms, in
the most convenient definitions. But what we found out, is that each one
of us is a brain, and an athlete, and a basketcase, a princess, and a
criminal. Does that answer your question?
Sincerely yours, The Breakfast Club.