Re: AIC7890

Christophe Pythoud (christophe.pythoud@urbanet.ch)
Tue, 1 Sep 1998 18:04:15 +0000 ( )

Nils Bokermann <bokerman@post.uni-bielefeld.de> wrote:
> Is there a way to get linux running with the aic-7890 U2W controller??
>
> I have a dual PII System with this controller, but even the New
> beta-driver does not find the connected devices. In fact, the
> controller is found, but the scsi-scan produces timeouts, while
> scanning for the first disc...

Really? Did you try the patches at:

ftp://ftp.dialnet.net/pub/linux/aic7xxx

They worked fine for me (ASUS 440BX mainboard with integrated aic-7890
U2W controller).

Have a nice day,

Christophe

* Christophe Pythoud (Christophe.Pythoud@ling.unil.ch)
* Section de linguistique / Universite' de Lausanne
* WWW : http://www.unil.ch/ling/ (mis a jour : 28 oct. 1997)
* If you think education is expensive, try ignorance.
* - Derek Bok