Re: Next round of console patches

Gabriel Paubert (paubert@iram.es)
Tue, 1 Sep 1998 14:54:22 +0200 (METDST)

On Tue, 1 Sep 1998, Richard Gooch wrote:

> > Unlikely but possible. Fortunately its not very hard to build a PCI
> > "ok card" list and it will take almost no space (0 in fact if its
> > __init).
>
> Yes, __init is great. The main problem is finding a bunny to do the
> work ;-) Any volunteers out there?

I offered once to be the bunny. My problem was mainly PCI resource
allocation: when writing 0xffffffff to a base register, the value returned
by some chips (only graphics chips to my knowledge) does not reflect the
space actually used.

But nobody answered then, I volunteer again but beware that I don't have
any docs on graphics chips, and I won't be chasing them. Hopefully, it
won't take too much of my time.

Regards,
Gabriel.