Re: 2.1.118 Tons of oopes

Linus Torvalds (torvalds@transmeta.com)
Wed, 26 Aug 1998 10:05:19 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 26 Aug 1998, Richard Gooch wrote:

> Linus: for god's sake, back out the particular patch that did this!
> Surely we can live with having flush() at the end of the structure?!?!

For Gods sake, when somebody notices the compiler warnings when compiling
a new module, if he doesn't take them seriously he has only himself to
blame.

I end up maintaining the end result, and I categorically refuse to make
bad decisions just because there's going to be a very limited amount of
pain for a week or two - I end up having to maintain it for _years_. As
such, my priorities are slightly different than other peoples.

Linus