Re: [VERY OFFTOPIC] Boring dissertation on English / American languages..

Vlad Lungu (vlad@rls.roknet.ro)
Fri, 21 Aug 1998 11:20:01 +0300

Alex Buell wrote:

> On Thu, 20 Aug 1998, llornkcor wrote:
>
> > There is a reason why we fought (and won) a revolution.
> > and English is a poor imitation of Latin. I suppose to some.
>
> :o) English isn't latin. The nearest equivalent would be SerboCroat or
> Romanian. Yes well, I hope this thread ends ;)
You wish :-)
SerboCroat is more like Russian. The latin languages are Italian,
Spanish, French, Romanian, Portuguese and some local dialects I don't
remember right now.
Vlad