Re: pppd 2.3.5 and 2.0.x

Mike A. Harris (mharris@ican.net)
Thu, 20 Aug 1998 14:42:41 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 20 Aug 1998, Ragnar Hojland Espinosa wrote:

> > I see that ppp 2.3.5 is needed in 2.1.x. My question is:
> > Does the new ppp package work in 2.0.x also? I'd like to switch
> > back and forth between the two without problems.
>
> I'm still using 2.2.0, slightly patched. Is there any real reason to
> upgrade, considering 2.2.0 works perfectly fine for me?

Well, I used 2.3.whatevercomeswithredhat, and it does not work.
THe kernel source says you must have 2.3.5, for The 2.1.x kernels
so....

You say it is slightly patched... well if it is slightly patched,
it could be version 1.0.0 then... so long as it is patched to
work with the new kernel. I'm just talking stock software...

--
Mike A. Harris  -  Computer Consultant  -  Linux advocate

Escape from the confines of Microsoft's operating systems and push your PC to it's limits with LINUX - a real OS. http://www.redhat.com