Re: missing kernel symbols in 2.1.117

Matthew Hawkins (matt@mail.goldweb.com.au)
Thu, 20 Aug 1998 22:52:29 +1000

On Thu, 20 Aug 1998, Alan Cox wrote:
> They are in the sound subsystem. (sound_core.o). Did you build with
> sound=n ?

Alan, a friend with an SB AWE64 has had this problem
since 2.1.115. We've tried both modules and static
and from what I've (albeit very briefly) seen, it
appears sound_core.o is not built. Or if it is
(and is modularised) sound_core.o is not copied into
/lib/modules/x.y.z/misc/ with the rest of the sound
modules. No, I distinctly remember it not existing.

2.1.109 works fine & dandy (he didn't try any
kernel in-between 109 and 115).

--
Matt