Re: [Patch]: Secure SysRQ update for 2.1.10{7,8pre1}.

Myrdraal (myrdraal@jackalz.dyn.ml.org)
Tue, 7 Jul 1998 13:17:41 -0400

On Sun, Jul 05, 1998 at 02:52:24PM +0200, Pavel Machek wrote:
Hi,
Sorry for taking so long to respond, I wasn't on the internet for a
few days.
> > This is an update to my previous sysrq patch. It makes it so you can
> > password protect any sysrq keys you want to, instead of only the whole
> > bunch. /proc/sys/debug/sysrq_secure is now a string, you echo the
> > command keys for the sysrq commands you want to be secure. Example:
> > # cd /proc/sys/debug
> > # cat /etc/sysrqpassword >sysrq_password
> > # echo 'ilb' >sysrq_secure
> > This sets the sysrq password to whatever is in /etc/sysrqpassword.
> > It also makes 'kIll', 'killalL', and 'Boot' password protected.
> > If you want to make it so no commands are secure, you:
> Just... I like this one, please apply. It will allow us to do
> sysrq_over_network (something I have working but I somehow feel
> autentication is not enough...)
The authentication not enough in general, or not enough for
sysrq_over_network? BTW, another failing in it is that you have
to hit hold the sysrq combination while typing the password. Would
this be a problem on SPARCs with 'A' in the password?
-Myrdraal
--
Linux jackalz 2.1.108 #103 Thu Jul 2 03:18:16 EDT 1998 i486
1:06pm  up 5 days,  9:45, 16 users,  load average: 1.13, 0.92, 0.67