Re: msdos FS bug

Phillip R. Jaenke (prj@nls.net)
Mon, 6 Jul 1998 18:37:33 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 6 Jul 1998, Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH wrote:

> Wonderful idea. Care to show us how to accomplish this, given that there's
> no way to detect corruption aside from forcing a full scan of the filesystem
> structure at mount time?

It's really VERY *VERY* simple.

If it produces pure TRASH when you do an ls -l on the partition, it's
corrupted! The other way to tell is in DOS, invalid media type, or It Just
Won't Boot(tm) in a dual-boot configuration. Can't miss it when you hit
that.

--Phillip R. Jaenke (prj@nls.net - InterNIC: PRJ5)
TheGuyInCharge(tm), Ketyra Designs, Inc.
"That's IT! I'm gonna slap Dr.Watson with a malpractice suit!!" --Keihra
ObBob! KHpB lWulH EO m23 C(PEW) B-18 OlO LM(p) ScjnM T++ A9! H8oc b123 D+
! I reserve the right to bill spammers for my time and disk space !