Re: 2.1.107 & hosed fb on intel

James Michael Mastros (root@jennifer-unix.dyn.ml.org)
Sat, 27 Jun 1998 16:59:54 -0400

On Sat, Jun 27, 1998 at 11:18:48 AM -0400, Doug Rohrer wrote:
> On Fri, 26 Jun 1998, James Michael Mastros wrote:
> > I'd say that this is enough to establish a pattern. Is anybody getting
> > black-on-black from vgafb who _isn't_ using a s3 or s3v?
>
> I have an OEM STB Velocity 128 (Riva128 chipset)
OK, seems like I was wrong...

> Is there somewhere we
> can stick some printk's in the vesafb or vgafb code to try to investigate
> this further?
Unfortunately, no. The printks would need to go out to the console, and the
console is hosed... Anybody with this problem have a serial terminal?
Anybody have lp console patches? (Yes, I still have one of these brutes
around... even a dasy-wheel.)

-=- James Mastros

--
True mastery is knowing enough to bullshit the rest.
	-=- Me