Re: Sendmail 8.9.0 claims a Linux kernel bug

Andi Kleen (ak@muc.de)
26 Jun 1998 15:33:15 +0200

alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk (Alan Cox) writes:

> No its a Linux following RFC1122 versus Sendmail following original BSD
> now POSIX 1003.1g draft somethinghuge. 2.1.x should be behaving as per
> POSIX draft. The 2.0 kernels follow the intent of the RFC - which I still
> maintain is technically superior. The fact you can see all those "no
> route to host" events tells you there are one way routing problems
> impacting mail. Followers of the Posix religion wouldnt have known.
>
> Posix is however now the official religion, rightly or wrongly so you have
> to run icmpinfo to see whats going on in the world. 2.1.x follows it.

In 2.1 we don't report the error in tcp_accept() when the socket from
the open_request queue already has a hard/soft error set. I marked this
as a FIXME because I was not sure how to handle it.

What does POSIX say exactly here? Should we change that?

-Andi