Re: Resume/Suspend (was Re: LVM / Filesystems / High availability)

Shawn Leas (sleas@ixion.honeywell.com)
Tue, 23 Jun 1998 17:02:36 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 23 Jun 1998, Magnus Redin wrote:

> > Forgive me, and I'm really not trying to diss this, but what would
> > the practical application be for this? I missed the previous
> > discussions on this you mention...
> > -Shawn
>
> You can get from power-on to starting to work much quicker.
> A server who is interrupted by its UPS running out of power will
> resume work exactly where it was interrupted.

Hey, there's a thought! That is a good idea.Almost mainframe like in
recovery... X is a no-go with this, though. You need to save the
complete state of a SVGA card. Thoughts?

-Shawn