Re: CDROM Oops patch

Erik Andersen (andersen@inconnect.com)
Mon, 22 Jun 1998 20:09:50 -0600

[--------snip------]

[--------snip------]

> ---david

I now agree that making this change would be the wrong thing to do. The
main reason I now agree with you is due to programs such as cdda2wav
which open the device for data but that _want_ to have audio media in
the drive. Any intelligent user space program can simly set the magic
behavior flags. You were right and I was wrong. This change will be
dropped from my patch.

-Erik

--
Erik B. Andersen   Web:    http://www.inconnect.com/~andersen/