Re: Q: devfs and the official kernel

Clifford Wolf (clifford@clifford.at)
Mon, 22 Jun 1998 18:23:01 +0200 (MEST)

On Sun, 21 Jun 1998, Mr. James W. Laferriere wrote:

> Hello Clifford, Has there been any responses on this
> subject , either positive or negative ?
>
> On Sun, 14 Jun 1998, Clifford Wolf wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I have a little question: are there any plans to make devfs a part of the
> > official kernel?
> > That's very importand for me to know becouse I use on my servers my own
> > little distribution and working now on the roadmap for the next major
> > version of it. ...

Yes: Vadim asked me for joining his Pretty Secure Linux (PSL) Project and
told me that he don't think that devfs will be included in the official
kernel tree in the next future - but i've not got any offical answer ..

- clifford

PS: I'm going to use devfs - independed of if it will be included or not.
It's a great project which makes my live much easier!

Clifford Wolf
magnet - Internet at Work IRC: efnet / clifford
Director of System Development http://www.clifford.at/
e-mail: c.wolf@magnet.at email: god@clifford.at