Re: Burning with scsi-emulation problem...

Joerg Schilling (schilling@fokus.gmd.de)
Mon, 22 Jun 1998 12:35:51 +0200 (MET DST)

>From epoch@hose.ml.org Sun Jun 21 05:50:43 1998

>On Mon, 15 Jun 1998, Rik van Riel wrote:
>> On Mon, 15 Jun 1998, Kalle Andersson wrote:
>> > There is a small problem though, when all data is written and it is
>> > supposed to write the end of the session I get some errors and cdrecord
>> > exits. The toaster continues to burn though.
>> > The write-led is still shining so I assume it is still writing.
>> > After about 30secs (very approx) it seems to stop though.
>> > Any ideas?
>>
>> Well, the errors were retryable, the buffer was full all
>> of the time and it takes some time to empty the buffer...
>>
>> The most obvious possibility is that the cd toasting
>> program wanted to exit while the drive's buffer was still
>> full and the drive told it to hold on for a while :-)
>> Then you get error messages saying to retry closing the
>> device. If the CD is burn all-right, this is probably
>> what happened...
>> Rik.

>Hm... I just got a borrowed Mitsumi CR-2600TE and I'm having that same
>error, but also I seem to get a lot of weird scsi timeouts that I don't
>understand... any word on what those could be?

I definitely know that there are problems with some ATAPI drives.
They return immediately from fixating although the command is still
running.

Jörg

js@cs.tu-berlin.de (uni) If you don't have iso-8859-1
schilling@fokus.gmd.de (work) chars I am J"org Schilling