Re: Burning with scsi-emulation problem...

Dave Henderson (epoch@hose.ml.org)
Sat, 20 Jun 1998 23:47:27 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 15 Jun 1998, Rik van Riel wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Jun 1998, Kalle Andersson wrote:
> > There is a small problem though, when all data is written and it is
> > supposed to write the end of the session I get some errors and cdrecord
> > exits. The toaster continues to burn though.
> > The write-led is still shining so I assume it is still writing.
> > After about 30secs (very approx) it seems to stop though.
> > Any ideas?
>
> Well, the errors were retryable, the buffer was full all
> of the time and it takes some time to empty the buffer...
>
> The most obvious possibility is that the cd toasting
> program wanted to exit while the drive's buffer was still
> full and the drive told it to hold on for a while :-)
> Then you get error messages saying to retry closing the
> device. If the CD is burn all-right, this is probably
> what happened...
> Rik.

Hm... I just got a borrowed Mitsumi CR-2600TE and I'm having that same
error, but also I seem to get a lot of weird scsi timeouts that I don't
understand... any word on what those could be?

l8r,
epoch