Re: [{patch} print_eip for 2.0.34] Re: 2.0.34 hangs

Andrea Arcangeli (arcangeli@mbox.queen.it)
Sat, 20 Jun 1998 15:09:17 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 20 Jun 1998, Chris Evans wrote:

>We don't run X at all, just textmode console to generate an extra e-mail
>terminal... how big is the EIP box and where on the console does it
>appear?

As now when the box is running nobody can use the console since the box
scroll down while instead it must remain focussed.

>Does it disrupt text console operation, eg. if someone is using pine?

No. It hide only the first 12 characters on the left.

If you need the sysctl to enable/disable the box at runtime I can do that.

Andrea[s] Arcangeli