Re: [{patch} print_eip for 2.0.34] Re: 2.0.34 hangs

Chris Evans (chris@ferret.lmh.ox.ac.uk)
Sat, 20 Jun 1998 13:04:01 +0100 (BST)

On Fri, 19 Jun 1998, Andrea Arcangeli wrote:

> On Fri, 19 Jun 1998, Chris Evans wrote:
>
> >Sadly, losing the console is not an option available to us :( Any other
> >good ideas about where to put current kernel EIP? Or can we put the
>
> X is impossible to make usable with the print-eip patch _running_ at least
> without GGI (and I don' t like very much GGI, too much words and nobody
> that apply it to its kernel ;-).

We don't run X at all, just textmode console to generate an extra e-mail
terminal... how big is the EIP box and where on the console does it
appear?

Does it disrupt text console operation, eg. if someone is using pine?

Cheers
Chris