Re: messages from /linux/fs/open.c

Junichi Saito (j.saito@wanadoo.fr)
Fri, 19 Jun 1998 10:46:36 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 18 Jun 1998, Bill Hawes wrote:

>> I am using, indeed, 'spawn_console' from kbd package.
>
>I'm not familiar with spawn_console -- is it something that gets called as a
>module that could be accessing the files_struct directly?
>
>Bill

It's a small console util that permits you to open as many vts as you
like. I don't have the source code at hand, but the binary dosen't seem to
contain such a symbole. It might not be responsible for the messages,
because, after having commented it out from the startup script, I always
get them. All Other programms already running at boot are those basical
ones such as init, getty, daemons. I tried disabling some of the latters
with no effect.
I'm afraid my answer may not be very satisfactory for you, as I don't have
much knowledge in programming.

junichi