Re: Corruption in 2.1.106

Vagn Scott (vagn@IDT.NET)
Thu, 18 Jun 1998 15:00:49 -0400

Kenneth Albanowski wrote:
> On that note, I must add the anecdote that I recall seeing the periodic
> fsck come up with "Deleted inode with zero dtime" on filesystems that
> otherwise should have been fine -- with Linux >= 2.0.33 (_perhaps_ >=
> 2.0.27, but I can't swear to it.) I don't have any logs of this, and I

When I was struggling to find a usable X server configuration
for one of my machines I would frequently end up hitting
reset. The ensueing fsck always complained about an inode
with zero dtime on the root. I always assumed it was a FIFO hanging
around. I never looked closer, since it apparently was harmless.
Just my 2 cents.

--
           _~|__
     >@   (vagn(     /