Re: Odd semi-freeze

Michael Krause (m.krause@tu-harburg.de)
Wed, 17 Jun 1998 21:13:33 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 16 Jun 1998, James Michael Mastros wrote:

> The oddest thing just happened to me -- During boot, right after the
> "starting sendmail: sendmail" line printed by the boot-sequence, my system
> apparently hung for nearly a minute.

I'm not sure that this is kernel related. It much more looks like
sendmail can't find the fully qualified domain name.. it sleeps for 60
seconds in that case (check syslog, it should contain some notice
along the lines of what I just wrote). Check your DNS config,
/etc/hosts, /etc/resolv.conf and all those files.

--
michael krause [aka raw style / lego] - http://ms.demo.org/rst/