Re: Remote fork() and Parallel programming

mshar@vax.ipm.ac.ir
Wed, 17 Jun 1998 19:40:49 +0330

Hi,

Andrej Presern <andrejp@luz.fe.uni-lj.si> wrote:

>> >DSM is bad for performance, it's bad for resources, it's bad for
>> >security and it's bad for robustness. The only thing it seems to be good
>> >for is ease of use for lazy (or incompetent) programmers.
>>
>> Done? Do you feel any better now??
>
>Well if you want to prove that I'm wrong, feel free to start writing
>explanations on how you're going to resolve the above issues in order
>for my statement to become non-true.

I don't have the time to prove you right or wrong, but if you want to prove
that you're right, feel free to start explaining about why what you wrote is
true.

>It's got nothing to do with feelings (but since you asked, my feelings
>are just fine. Thanks for asking).

Glad to hear it. I hope nobody calls you a lazy (or incompetent) programmer
each time you use a high level langauge instead of assembly to write a
program; As you know, there are some people who might do so.

-Kamran Karimi