Re: Real time cache management functions

yodaiken@chelm.cs.nmt.edu
Wed, 17 Jun 1998 05:59:01 -0600

On Wed, Jun 17, 1998 at 10:21:38AM +0100, Mike Jagdis wrote:
> For 10-30ms performance I would suspect that simply mlocking your
> memory so it never gets paged out would be sufficient. If memory

Agree.

> Of course, if you have a Cyrix 6x86MX you also have the option
> of locking down *L1* cache lines which would give you maximum
> execution speed with no cache artifacts. Everything else loses

Someone should make this available in a RTLinux module. We don't
have any Cyrix machines here so it has to be someone else.

Victor Yodaiken
Department of Computer Science
New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology
Socorro NM 87801
Homepage http://www.cs.nmt.edu/~yodaiken
PowerPC Linux page http://linuxppc.cs.nmt.edu
Real-Time Page http://rtlinux.org