Re: 2.0.34 - TCP rlogin connection dropped

Andi Kleen (ak@muc.de)
14 Jun 1998 17:57:10 +0200

Michael Marxmeier <mike@msede.com> writes:

> Since updating to 2.0.34 i encounter that ssh/rlogin
> connections are dropped after some idle time.
> I have seen a message (on linux-kernel?) which provided
> a workaround but cannot find it anymore.
>
> Could someone please send me a note how to work around that?

I assume your connections are dropped to a VMS system. This is caused
by a VMS bug.

Workaround: turn off keepalives.

In ssh /sshd this a config option - see the manpage.

For rlogin there is no option to turn this off - you have to get the
source and remove the setsockopt(.., SO_KEEPALIVE, ...) line.

-Andi