Re: OFFTOPIC: e2fsprogs and +2Gb partitions

Andrea Arcangeli (arcangeli@mbox.queen.it)
Sun, 14 Jun 1998 17:45:42 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 14 Jun 1998, Nicholas J. Leon wrote:

>On Sat, 13 Jun 1998, Richard B. Johnson wrote:
>
> # I can shut up no longer. I __HAD__ all the sources for all the programs
> # and utilities that ran on this system. All of the programs and utilities
> # that ran on this system were compiled on this system. I did not start
> # with a 'standard' distribution. I started with Version 0.99 obtained on
> # floppies from Yggdarsil (or however you spell it).
>
>As with me. I haven't used a 'distribution' after I installed Slackware
>when it _first_ came out.
>
>Since them I've built my own systems. Completely. From source.

If you discover that a package doesn' t compile you can download the patch
from debian
(ftp://non-us.debian.org/pub/debian/hamm/hamm/source/xxx/xxx.diff.gz),
apply it and then the software will compile with glibc too. Don' t bother
about the `package-xx.xx/debian' directory created by the patch (simply
remove it).

Andrea[s] Arcangeli