Re: V2.1.106: CRC-error: SYSTEM HALTED

Simon Kirby (sim@netnation.com)
Sun, 14 Jun 1998 04:17:22 -0700 (PDT)

On Sun, 14 Jun 1998, Meino Christian Cramer wrote:

> Hi Yaroslav!
>
> Thanx for your reply.
>
> I am using chos instead of lilo and I have
> run it before rebooting -- otherwise
> I would not be able to boot a new kernel,
> cause lilo/chos wouldn't know, that there
> is a new one to be integrated into the boot
> sector.
>
> KEEP HACKING!
> meino

Change the code in arch/i386/boot/setup.S to:

---
a20_wait:
        inc     ax
        mov     [0x0],ax                ! any unused memory location < 64K
        seg     es
        cmp     ax,[0x10]               ! corresponding HMA address
        je      a20_wait                ! loop until no longer aliased
        pop     es
        pop     ds
---

(The 0x0 and 0x10 used to be 0x7something, but this memory address could be used.)

Simon-