Re: How/where do we submit patches now?

Rik van Riel (H.H.vanRiel@phys.uu.nl)
Sun, 14 Jun 1998 07:33:43 +0200 (MET DST)

On 13 Jun 1998, Jim Pick wrote:
> lm@bitmover.com (Larry McVoy) writes:
>
> > Features:
[snip]
> > . Free for free software development.
>
> And not free for anything else, right? You're going to have big
> problems convincing a lot of people to use your tool if that's the
> case.

I guess you'll be never using resize2fs then :)

It's included in Partition Magic now and will be released
under GPL in 18 months.
The fact that Partition Magic's company _paid_ Tytso to
write the program is what made the program existant. I'm
pretty sure that the program wouldn't have been written
right now when PM wouldn't have paid for it...

The same is with Larry's program: He quit his job to work
on this piece of software fulltime. This means that he
will have to sell the software in order to pay his bills.
IMHO, he is _very_ right in doing this.

Rik.