Re: Linux/Alpha scheduler is really sluggish in 2.1.105

Thomas Bogendoerfer (tsbogend@alpha.franken.de)
Sat, 13 Jun 1998 10:32:42 +0200

On Sat, Jun 13, 1998 at 02:05:28AM +0200, Felix von Leitner wrote:
> Since 2.1.105 is my first 2.1 kernel on Alpha, I don't know if this is
> 2.1.105 exclusive, but the symptons are that the whole system is frozen
> while a task does some work. That means if I compile something, I can't
> even switch the console for extended periods of time.

let me guess, you've compiled your kernel with gcc-2.7 and -O not -O2. Right ?
You've been hit by a gcc bug, either compile the kernel with egcs or
use -O2 for arch/alpha/kernel/irq.c.

Thomas.

you have to be a sneaky bastard too ;-)