Re: 2.1.x kernel and nfs

Miquel van Smoorenburg (miquels@cistron.nl)
12 Jun 1998 10:33:01 +0200

In article <35808576.D9ED594B@transmeta.com>,
Bill Hawes <whawes@transmeta.com> wrote:
>Kumsup Lee wrote:
>> Yes, it is. By the way I am using Debian-1.3.
>I'm not sure of the exact reason, but perhaps portmap starts more sloly
> under 2.1.xx, or nfs starts more quickly. But a number of people have
> reported this problem, and the solution has
> generally been to start portmap first.
>
> Hopefully the distributions will correct their startup scripts before 2.2 ...

In Debian-2.0, this is corrected by starting the portmapper before any NFS
mounts (but only if needed). Is it true that between starting the
portmapper and doing the NFS mount one needs an _extra_ sleep of 1 or 2
seconds (or more)? Can someone confirm this?

Mike.

--
 Miquel van Smoorenburg | Our vision is to speed up time,
    miquels@cistron.nl  |   eventually eliminating it.