Re: Linux 2.1.105 won't boot with UMSDOS root file system

Terry L Ridder (terrylr@tbcnet.com)
Thu, 11 Jun 1998 01:59:45 -0500

Dev Mazumdar wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> I've just compiled Linux 2.1.105 on a UMSDOS (Slakware)
> install and it bombs trying to mount the root file system.
> Yes, I've enabled NLS and funny the 2.0.34 works just fine
> on this machine.
>
> Any patches I need to know about?
>
> Best regards
> Dev Mazumdar

I am currently looking into this problem also.
Whenever I mount an UMSDOS harddrive I get screenfuls
of errors and than the machine hangs.

If I do not mount any UMSDOS harddrives I am able to
keep the machine up for awhile.

I will keep you posted on what I find.

--
Terry L. Ridder
Blue Danube Software (Blaue Donau Software)

When the toast is burnt and all the milk has turned and Captain Crunch is waving farewell when the Big One finds you may this song remind you that they don't serve breakfast in hell ==Breakfast==Newsboys