Re: Why isn't this IP fragment patch in 2.1.105?

David S. Miller (davem@dm.cobaltmicro.com)
Wed, 10 Jun 1998 20:28:14 -0700

From: buhr@stat.wisc.edu (Kevin Buhr)
Date: 10 Jun 1998 22:11:52 -0500

Some time ago, Alan, you posted a patch for 2.0.33 on BUGTRAQ. It
seems that the 2.0.32 bugfix to prevent teardrop attacks wasn't quite
right, and a slight variation ("nestea" might have been the name of
the exploit program) could crash 2.0.33.

For some reason, it looks like this patch isn't included in the latest
2.1.xxx kernels, even though I can't see why it shouldn't be. I've
attached the patch against 2.1.105.

Please look at the code more closely before coming to such
conclusions, the code and logic is very different in the 2.1.x version
and the fix is in there just fine. Your change breaks IP
fragmentation in 2.1.x so it doesn't work at all.

[ bogus patch deleted ]

Later,
David S. Miller
davem@dm.cobaltmicro.com