Re: Any SMP people out there with SCSI CD ROMs?

Grahame M. Kelly (gmkelly@zipper.zip.com.au)
Thu, 11 Jun 1998 12:30:45 +1000

> Linus Torvalds <torvalds@transmeta.com> wrote:
>I've gotten lots of reports that SCSI CD's seem to be broken currently,
>.. Does anybody out there feel comfortable about
>spinlocks and have a CD-ROM drive on their SCSI subsystem?

I have Tyan Dual Pro SMP system with BusLogic SCSI controller and a SCSI
Toshiba CD + 3 x SCSI HD drives, 2 x IDE drives,
no problems under 2.0.33, 2.1.88, 2.1.103 whatsoever.

I think your problems maybe SCSI controller card based.

Cheers Grahame