Re: BTTV w/ no sound?

Erik Andersen (andersen@inconnect.com)
Wed, 10 Jun 1998 10:22:02 -0600 (MDT)

[--------------snip-------------------------]

[--------------snip-------------------------]
> msp3400: init: chip=MSP3400C-C6, registered as sound mixer
> i2c: device attached: MSP3400C-C6 (addr=0x80, bus=bt848-0,
> driver=msp3400)

Ok, so it looks like the windows driver is twidling some config bits
that the Linux driver isn't messing with. Once the bits have been twiddled,
your card seems to behave fine. Looks like I will have to plug in my Win 3.1
disk (I never bought Win95) and try the windows TV drivers there (much as I
regret doing so), and see if I see the same thing. Assuming I see the same
thing, then it should be fairly simple to make these cards go, assuming I
can find docs on these things...

-Erik

--
Erik B. Andersen   Web:    http://www.inconnect.com/~andersen/