Re: New Linux distribution - PSL

George Bonser (grep@shorelink.com)
Wed, 10 Jun 1998 09:08:42 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 9 Jun 1998, Vadim E. Kogan wrote:

> > oh, boy. Just what the world needs.
> well, I don't know about the world - that's why I posted the message -
> to find out. But Im sick and tired of all those dists that need 90%
> by-hand replacing right after install. For one comp, it's ok. But for
> LAN? too painfull.
>
> Vadim

That is why I use Debian. It is the best integrated, has a bunch of hooks
for custom configuration that the distribution will leave alone, is the
most secure of the wide distributions that I have seen and generally is
not released until the majority of bugs are fixed (i.e. it is better
tested than the other distros). Why not simply contribute your ideas to an
existing distribution (such as Debian) rather than attempt to build yet
another and further fragment the field?

George Bonser

Microsoft! Which end of the stick do you want today?