Re: [Linux-3D] Try my new DMA kernel functions

Thomas Sailer (sailer@ife.ee.ethz.ch)
Wed, 10 Jun 1998 11:07:02 +0200

Richard Gooch wrote:

> SysV SHM still has advantages over mmap. I'd find mmap much more
> useful if I could mmap /dev/zero, pass the FD to another process and
> mmap there and hence share memory between the two.

What about POSIX SHM? It seems to have the advantages of SysV SHM, but
less of the disadvantages... (i.e. it has a very simple interface,
the same goes for POSIX vs. SysV semaphores, the latter having
an extremely complicated interface...)

Tom