Re: Linux 2.1.105 and IP Accounting

Spirilly (spirilis@mindmeld.dyn.ml.org)
Tue, 9 Jun 1998 23:17:46 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 10 Jun 1998, Colin Coe wrote:

> Date: Wed, 10 Jun 1998 09:42:16 +0800 (WST)
> From: Colin Coe <coec@justice.moj.wa.gov.au>
> To: linux-kernel@vger.rutgers.edu
> Subject: Linux 2.1.105 and IP Accounting
>

> Hi all
>
> Yesterday I downloaded and installed 2.1.105, everythings seems to be okay
> except for 'ipfwadm' which spits out a bunch of errors when I set up the
> firewall. After a bit of poking around, I found that there is no IP

First off, since about 2.1.102 I believe the Linux kernel firewall code has been
rewritten (very nicely, I may add) to use IPChains--You may get the ipchains
utility at http://www.adelaide.net.au/~rustcorp/ipfwchains/ipfwchains.html
It is a good idea to read the IPChains HOWTO at that site--it got me started
almost immediately using IPChains, and aids converting from ipfwadm to ipchains
very nicely--the examples help out the most.

"Technology as nature, science truth
for life..."
"In fortran tongue, the answer, science
truth for life..."