Re: kmod & 2.1.105

Greg Zornetzer (gaz@andrew.cmu.edu)
Tue, 9 Jun 1998 10:03:58 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 8 Jun 1998, Javier Kohen wrote:

> I'm having problems at boot time, when the eth0 interface gets configured. Eth0 references ne2k-pci in modules.conf (though
> the same happened with ne2000), and when it's to get loaded, it shows a message about kmod not active and not being able to
> load the 8390 module. Despite that message, kmod works just fine for every other module (ie: vfat fs). My quickhack (well, the
> eth module suggested it :)) was to insert a 'modprobe 8390' in my boot script before ne2k-pci gets loaded by ... kmod.
Hi Javier,

Are you running depmod -a anywhere in your startup scripts (before
ethernet initialization)? Kmod still depends on having a list of module
dependencies. What is the exact error message?

Greg Zornetzer - gaz+@andrew.cmu.edu
"Light shines brightest in the darkest night"
http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~gaz