Re: 5000 emails later, compressed summary ;)

Michael Elizabeth Chastain (mec@shout.net)
Thu, 4 Jun 1998 00:33:05 -0500

Hi guys,

Ion writes:

> I have another patch waiting, it implements smart dependencies based on
> Michael Chastain's 2.1 version. It's really convenient - it literally
> saves hours of compile time - but since it touches so many files and could
> potentially break stuff, it's better to wait for .35 before putting it in.

It is convenient and it does save hours of compile time. But I think
it's a new feature, and as a new feature, it doesn't belong in 2.0.XX.

Of course I defer to Alan Cox as the arbiter of what belongs in 2.0.XX.

Regards,

Michael Chastain
<mailto:mec@shout.net>
"love without fear"