Re: 5000 emails later, compressed summary ;)

Christer Weinigel (wingel@hog.t1.ctrl-c.liu.se)
3 Jun 1998 14:07:54 -0000

Alan Cox wrote:
>General things:
> 2.0.34pre16 is waiting Linus to move it to 2.0.34. Once that is
>done I will be releasing 2.0.35pre1. The first things Im fixing there are
>the Cyrix problems and hopefully finishing the Alpha merge

Before you do this, isn't it time to put in something like this?

if gcc -v 2>&1 | grep "gcc version 2\.7\.2" >/dev/null; then
echo "Ok, youre using gcc 2.7.2.x"
else
echo "Dumb jerk, you're trying to compile a 2.0 kernel with"
echo "a gcc other than 2.7.2.x"
echo "DON'T"
exit 1
fi

It should get rid om some of the complaints here on linux-kernel. :-)

/Christer