Re: [SOUND] Aztech Sound Galaxy broken/not supported?

Derrik (dpates@kalifornia.com)
Sun, 24 May 1998 11:24:38 -0700 (PDT)

On Sun, 24 May 1998, David Burrows wrote:

> I have managed to get isapnp to activate the card, as I have been
> successfully using the internal plug and play modem to dial into the net.
> After insmodding sound, ad1848.. I try to insmod sgalaxy io=0x220 irq=7
> dma=1 dma2=5 sgbase=0x534, and it fails giving some quite generic error
> which I can't quite remember at the moment (resource busy?) I've tried
> swapping the values of io and sgbase, and at a hunch tried using 0x530
> instead of 0x534, but to no avail..

Have you tried a different IRQ? If you have the parport driver or anything
else that makes use of the parallel port loaded, that may be causing your
troubles. If it supports it, try IRQ 5, 9 or 10 (if those are free). You
may have better luck.

Derrik Pates
dpates@kalifornia.com
dpates@acm.org