Re: essential fix to scsi.c (up to 2.1.100-1)

Linus Torvalds (torvalds@transmeta.com)
Mon, 4 May 1998 10:47:05 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 4 May 1998, Dario_Ballabio wrote:

> The enclosed patch to scsi.c, applied on top of 2.1.100-1 changed my
> PC (uniprocessor but compiled with SMP=1) with one AHA2940 and one
> DPT PM3224W from crashing every few minutes to fully reliable.
> Maybe the locking strategy in scsi_bottom_half_handler can be
> totally revisited, but the io_rw_lock is definetly required.

Good spotting, this is indeed definitely required. I had taken a look at
all the timer-based ways of entering the SCSI code, but I had _completely_
forgotten about the bottom half handler..

Linus