Re: This list is seriously damaged somewhere

Stefan Monnier (monnier+lists/linux/kernel/news/@TEQUILA.SYSTEMSZ.CS.YALE.EDU)
04 May 1998 00:52:07 -0400

Keith Owens <kaos@ocs.com.au> writes:
> Digest might be better because it is packaged at vger and numbered
> before release. At least with numbered mail you can tell if one has
> gone walkabout. However I prefer the immediate mail rather than
> waiting for the digest.

Actually, the digests are pretty timely (because of the sheer volume).
The problem with digest is that (for a reason I ignore) they drop all kinds of
useful headers, like 'References', 'In-Reply-To', 'Content-Type' etc...

In other words, it feels pretty much like going back several years.
I wish the digest could be fixed so that threading works (and MIME also).

Stefan