Re: 2.1.98 link freezes --> 2.1.99 machine locks up

Richard Gooch (Richard.Gooch@atnf.CSIRO.AU)
Mon, 4 May 1998 09:40:32 +1000

David S. Miller writes:
> Date: Sun, 3 May 98 16:31 PDT
> From: adam@yggdrasil.com (Adam J. Richter)
>
> Both machines are uniprocessors running SMP kernels where
> everything that can be a module is (except for the initial ramdisk
> and romfs which are used to bootstrap everything else).
>
> There has been a lot of activity in the Intel/SMP kernel changes area,
> in particular with interrupt handling and the like, let's make sure
> this is not where you are getting bit before we consider it a
> networking issue for now ok?

I've noticed with my PCI NE2000 clone that when I loose network
connectivity there are kernel logs about lost interrupts. Have you
noticed any of these?

Regards,

Richard....