Re: Wierd logs - have I been attacked

Rik van Riel (H.H.vanRiel@phys.uu.nl)
Sun, 3 May 1998 09:21:24 +0200 (MET DST)

On Sun, 3 May 1998, Mike wrote:

> I just got 22k of logs in 1 second. Basically I seem to have loaded IPX
> modules, CDROM modules, Sound modules and performed an NFS mount for no
> apperent reason. All of the logs are attached.
>
> Can anybody explain what on earth is going on here?

Wow. This is a really strange fluke!
Guess I'll have to give the Microsoft service line answer:
"Could you try that again?"
:-)

But seriously, your logs don't show any indication as
to why things are happening, so I really don't know.
It's probably some strange interaction between init
scripts, cron jobs and e2fsck...
(OK OK, this is very unlikely, but what else could it
be?)

Rik.