Re: PPC and Linux

Andy Lo A Foe (arloafoe@cs.vu.nl)
Fri, 1 May 1998 23:49:20 +0200 (CEST)

Joel Jaeggli <joelja@darkwing.uoregon.edu> wrote:

> The bebox itself had two 66mhz 603e cpu's so it's not exactly a wicked box
> by todays standards. Their idea is valid (ie personal smp boxes), I'm
> using one right now (dual ppro). but the level of engineering that went
> into their box was not sustainable by a small company when competeing with
> essentailly commidity hardware.

> On Thu, 30 Apr 1998, Karsten Patzwaldt <kpa@gmx.net> wrote:
>
> > Is Linux able to run on a BeBox? This cool computer with BeOS running on
> > it? Or is it able to run on SMP-PowerPC's (and use all CPUs!) in general?
> >
> > Please contact me directly, I'm not on this list any longer.

If you have a BeBox and are interested in running ppcLinux on it you
should join the Be Linux mailing list:

Listserv address: majordomo@hco.kol.ou.dk

Send a mail with the following line in the body of the message:

subscribe be-linux

Things are starting to pick up again. Rumour has it that someone is
working on SMP and 2.1.x support (if it's not already done :)...

Regs,

Andy

--
Andy Lo A Foe, arloafoe@cs.vu.nl | Linux v2.1.99 | "World domination.