Re: PPC and Linux

Joel Jaeggli (joelja@darkwing.uoregon.edu)
Fri, 1 May 1998 08:41:48 -0700 (PDT)

Be got out of the hardware business, see the be hardware strategy
clarification at: http://www.be.com/developers/hardwareplans.html

The bebox itself had two 66mhz 603e cpu's so it's not exactly a wicked box
by todays standards. Their idea is valid (ie personal smp boxes), I'm
using one right now (dual ppro). but the level of engineering that went
into their box was not sustainable by a small company when competeing with
essentailly commidity hardware.

joelja

On Thu, 30 Apr 1998, Karsten Patzwaldt <kpa@gmx.net> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Is Linux able to run on a BeBox? This cool computer with BeOS running on
> it? Or is it able to run on SMP-PowerPC's (and use all CPUs!) in general?
>
> Please contact me directly, I'm not on this list any longer.
>
> ---
> Karsten Patzwaldt kpa@gmx.net
> http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Launchpad/4558
> "Wisdom is earned... not given."
>

> -

Joel Jaeggli joelja@darkwing.uoregon.edu
Academic User Services consult@gladstone.uoregon.edu
PGP Key Fingerprint: 1DE9 8FCA 51FB 4195 B42A 9C32 A30D 121E