Re: 2.1.93 won't boot

Dominik Kubla (kubla@sundiver.zdv.uni-mainz.de)
Wed, 8 Apr 1998 01:10:57 +0200

On Mon, Apr 06, 1998 at 11:34:51PM -0700, George Bonser wrote:

> Ok, I must have done something really stupid ... but what?
>
> i486 system, same config as I used with .92. Kernel made just fine. Got
> to where is said OK, booting kernel and it resets the machine.

Dual PII-300, 256 MB RAM, Tyan MB with onboard UW-SCSI. Monolithic
2.1.93-SMP boots fine but hangs at the partition check of sda.
Only modification from stock sources:

* disabled CONFIG_SERIAL_ECHO in drivers/char/console.c
* added Andrea Arcangelis LM78 driver (nice gizmo btw.)
* compiled witch EGCS -march=pentiumpro option instead of the -m486 ... stuff.

2.1.90 works fine.

Dominik Kubla

--
               "Waga hoshi wa doko ni tabine ya ama-no-gawa."
      In the Summer Evening, Where is My Star Hidden in the Milky Way?